Dear patients, you can see a doctor from 08:00am to 08:00pm Monday to Friday.  Please click on the link below to register.

Thank you

Adult Safeguarding

The Policy/Protocol

Adult safeguarding involves raising and acting on concerns associated with abuse  (domestic violence, emotional, sexual, financial) and neglect. Systems are required to identify early indicators of abuse, prevent further abuse and act quickly and effectively with other agencies to safeguard adults who are experiencing abuse. The following policy contains details of procedures, contact details, training requirements and other personnel involved in safeguarding processes

Immediate risk of Harm -----------------------------------------------------------Dial 999

Domestic Violence

Child in Household consider child social care referral if safeguarding concerns (as above)

Low/Medium/risk - patient self refers to:-  Staying Put            01274 667104

Male Standing up  0300 3030167 (male victims only)

Hope                      01274 651652 (children)

High Risk -               Complete Risk Indicator Checklist (RIC) and MARAC referral if score >14 (or

                                  significant concerns at  lower scores)


                                  Discuss with Mandy Robinson domestic abuse manager 01274 237684

                                  (Always Refer to children's social care worker if referring to MARAC)

  • If high-risk Dom. Violence (i.e. high risk of homicide/serious harm)
      • Email MARAC on
      • Call Bradford Safeguarding Unit on 01274 376116
      • Bradford Police Safeguarding Unit – provides support and practical assistance – 01274 376116
  • Staying Put – for women experiencing domestic abuse who want the abuse to stop but not to leave home – 01274 667104
  • National Domestic Violence help line – 24hr – 0808 2000 247
  • National help line for men wanting to change – 0808 8024040
  • Broken Rainbow – for LGBT people experiencing domestic violence –0845 2604 460


Initial response
  • Where possible ensure immediate safety of alleged victim.   Call 999 if an immediate response required.
  • Do not disturb any evidence, record what has happened and seek advice from your immediate line manager.
  • OFFICE HOURS call – 01274 431077 (Adult Protection Unit)
  • OUT OF HOURS – Emergency Duty Social Worker  01274 431010
Reporting a crime
  • If you suspect a crime has been committed call the Police Safeguarding Unit: OFFICE HOURS: 01274 474708; OUT OF HOURS: 101 for non-emergency police response.
Contacts (Adult Protection)
  • Bilton Medical Centre Adult Safeguarding lead: Dr M H Khan
  • For general  advice regarding concerns about abuse of an adult
      • Call Adult Protection Unit on 01274 431077.
      • OOH call duty worker on 01274 431010
      • Please call Adult Protection Unit even if you are unsure.
  • For professional guidance, support and advise.
    • Report a care/nursing home: which is then sent to safeguarding coordinator and then it is decided based on that information and existing information as to whether his needs to be come a referral into the multi-agency safeguarding adults procedures.
    To make a general referral – please read this.
    • If you are not sure whether abuse is being committed or not, or if you want further advice whether an adult is vulnerable or not, then please contact Adult Protection.  You DO NOT need proof of abuse or vulnerability (it may be the missing piece of the jigsaw!).   Let Adult Protection explore the matter further AND DON’T put yourself in danger at any point.
    • Complete the Adult Protection Referral form online – go to or telephone Access Point 01274 431077
    • To make a referral go to the adult safeguarding template on SystmOne. On here you can click on referral, and it takes you through to the webpages, you need to make the referral online.
    • If on reporting a concern no action is taken, then tell someone else.

    Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website